Image Map

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baby Details

Thank you all for your sweet comments! Your thoughts and prayers mean so much right now. The thought of having another little one so soon is pretty overwhelming at times, but we know that God's ways are perfect!

waving at you

So, here are the details
  • I'm about 12.5 weeks along.
  • I'm feeling pretty good, although I do have morning sickness every now and then. Also, I'm exhausted by late afternoon, that is to be expected though, with chasing after two little ones!
  • I am using the midwife again, we saw her at 10 weeks and were able to hear the heartbeat!
  • Birth control does not always work. Ahem!
  • My kids age differences will be - Lily and Levi almost 12 months apart and Levi and the new baby, around 14 months apart.
  • I don't think Lily really understands yet. Whenever she sees the ultrasound pictures, she says "Levi." 
  • I've learned my lesson for sure - never tell people how excited you are to not be pregnant during Christmas for the THIRD year in a row . . . you might just eat your words. Ha!
looking down on the baby's head and legs

Hope you all have a great day!

17 comments:

  1. This entire post makes me smile! Congratulations, by the way. I am sure it seems overwhelming at times - but I know that God will be your strength and give you just what you need, when you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still so excited! It makes me want another one...hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I hear ya on the birth control! While my first three aren't quite as close in age as yours ( Allie and Maggie are 21 months apart and Maggie and Lillie are 17 months apart), I do know how overwhelming things can get! Praying for you, dear friend!

    in HIM-
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I feel you on the birth control! I wish we lived closer so we could encourage each other in having kids so close together. :)I am really excited for you guys, and even though it is tough having 3 under the age of two, it's also a lot of fun! I'll be praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Smile* you are a busy momma but so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good advice all around. Sharing in your joy, and wishing I were closer to lend a hand (and actually know your family...) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your honesty :). We have a two year old daughter who was born 9 months after we got married and needless to say, was a surprise. I've wanted a baby for quite some time now already, but I lean on the fact that God's timing is always perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for strength for you, Kelly! You make me want another baby, although, I can totally understand how overwhelming that might seem. Isn't it great when God plans your family though? Our second baby was a total surprise, but somehow, the fact that it was taken out of my hands was such a comfort! From what I read on your blog I think you're going to do great as a mommy of three!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!!! Yes, it for sure would feel a little overwhelming if it were me to. WOW 3 little one, God bless you girl. have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how you're doing it, girl! I'd be passed out on the floor by 10 a.m.! :)

    Although I live in absolutel terror of becoming pregnant (knowing, like you, that birth control is never 100% effective), I've been kind of wanting one these days... I miss having an infant.

    You're doing great, and God will give you strength to get through this... and you have an awesome husband who loves to love and serve you and the children. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got me really excited! How wonderful having 3 little ones running around to care for and love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting! You are going to be busy, busy, busy! :) I appreciate the honesty on the birth control. We had no intentions of me having our first while I was in grad school getting a double master's. We planned on me being about 4-5 months pregnant right now! Instead I am chasing after our 19 month old! And thank goodness. She is the joy of our life and job hunting/starting a new career would be miserable if I was currently expecting. We don't know what'd we do without her and we are so blessed that we didn't have to wait for her! I've given up making plans! God seems to always have a different plan in mind and it always works out better than what I intended!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy for you. Praying God will give you lots of grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness!!! I've been so MIA I apparently missed some big news over here. Crazy! What wonderful news, congrats my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so happy for you both! the Lord will give you the grace and strength you need! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!!! May God keep you safe and healthy and give you strength to keep up with the little ones. Make sure you take care of yourself, you need all the vitamins you can get.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!