Image Map

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Busy Week

 Last week was such a crazy busy week for us! We spent most of the days inside since it was pretty cold and rainy a lot of the week. Monday night I took the kids to my youngest brother's basketball game. His team did a great job and won by a few points. Lily and Levi were good, but it was such a blessing to have the help of my sweet family! Lily sat with my Mom for the first half of the game, and my sister and brother-in-law played with Levi when I had to take Lily to the potty.

I need to do an update on Levi's eyes since he's been doing the patch and wearing his glasses. I'll try to do that this week!

Lily played dress-up in some way-too-big-for-mommy maternity clothes. Ha!

Putting a diaper on her doll.

On Tuesday night, the adult orchestra Jacob conducts had their concert, so the kids and I packed up and went to it. Jacob had youth orchestra rehearsal before the concert, so the kids and I just played together and walked around. The concert started at Lily and Levi's bedtime - they were troopers, but we ended up playing in the nursery at the church. I was able to hear some of the songs, so that was nice! There was a reception afterwards, and everyone enjoyed seeing Lily and Levi. We finally got home around 10:30! The kids did a great job and even slept in a little bit the next morning!

We got our Christmas tree last Saturday, but we didn't get it decorated until this past Friday night! We were hoping to find a time where we could decorate it all together, but Jacob has been sooo busy, it just wasn't working out. Lily and I started putting the lights on on Thursday, then then half the lights didn't work...of course! Friday night we finally got some more and we were able to finish decorating it.

Jacob got to help Lily put on the first ornament right as he was walking out the door to go to the 5th performance of The Nutcracker. My poor husband has hardly been at home the last week or so. We are thankful for all the Christmas gigs, but it is definitely wearing on our family. Just to give you an idea of what I mean... from Wednesday night to Sunday afternoon, He played in 8 performances of The Nutcracker on top of several other rehearsals/Christmas programs. Yesterday he was gone from home for 13 hours, and today he was gone 9!  Christmas season for a musician = Craziness!! We are all counting the days to when he's done for the year!

Thursday night the kids and I met my sister and her family at the mall to walk. It was fun, although slightly crazy trying to maneuver two strollers through the crowd of people moving along at a very slow pace. Myra took Ridley and Lily on the carousel when we finished. So fun!

Ripping up a magazine kept Levi occupied for 20 minutes on Saturday!

Lily and I made sugar cookies on Saturday afternoon. It was so much fun! I hope to make this a Christmas tradition.

Of course she enjoyed licking her fingers and snitching cookie dough. Silly girl!

Sweet girl ready to head to church.

We had dinner with Jacob's family and then came home for naps before going back to church. What a crazy week! I'm thankful that it's over, but I love the sweet memories with my children!

Hope y'all had a good week!

9 comments:

  1. It's definitely been busy for you! I'm sure Daddy will be glad when he's less busy too! It's def a busy time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy is right... Oh man- where are you finding your energy?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't envy an orchestra member's Christmas schedule!! Love your pictures, the kids are so cute!! I hope to make cookies with Susannah before Christmas. I now have dough in the refrigerator that I made last night, so maybe in the next day or two?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUCH beautiful pictures. What a precious time for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husbands work schedule this month sounds crazy! I certainly don't blame you for counting down the days!:) Your babies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there girl....things will die down a bit after the holidays.

    Glad you and Myra and the kids got out together for some fun.

    You have such darling children.

    Love that Lily and momma made cookies!

    Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are so precious! Sounds like you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the red ribbon on your tree! and ripping up magazines... oh, what fun! my girls still enjoy doing that only now they use scissors and glue and paper to create fun things what what they find :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a crazy week! Oh my word, Lily and Levi get cuter by the day!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!