Image Map

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Midweek Randoms

Lily is so into talking on the phone right now. Whenever Jacob, Grammie, Yaya, or Aunt Myra calls, she begs to talk to them. She carries on conversations quite well, believe it or not. When I talk on the phone, I'm typically multi-tasking, so I hold the phone on my shoulder/under my chin...Lily hasn't quite figured out how to do it though. Ha!

Lily and Levi are always climb up on stools when I up Asher in the highchair. They love talking to him and playing with him.

All tucked in the highchair with a baby doll and a play lemon. 

Levi does not get what you're supposed to do with a tent. Ha!

A sweet girl from church came to play with Lily today! Lily had the greatest time with her. She played hard and took a nice long nap.

Silly Lily with her first up-do. :)

Asher was pretty fussy yesterday, but I think he's going through a growth spurt. I upped his milk and he was much better today.

In an effort to cut our grocery bill, we have been eating a lot of beans and rice. I've decided I'm not a very good bean cooker. The red beans turned out split, grainy and mushy. The black beans we not ready when it was supper time...even though they should have been by the recipe I went by. Oh well. Hopefully I'll perfect the cooking of beans over the next few weeks.

Levi's glasses were missing all day. We seriously searched the house from top to bottom. Jacob even searched through the kitchen trash, but we still couldn't find them. Finally, when Jacob was down on his hands and knees looking under the bookshelves for the fifteenth time, he glanced up and saw the edge of the glasses poking out from under the Bumbo. I can't tell you how happy we were to find them!

We went to visit my sister's family and Baby Cameron tonight. What a perfect little guy he is! I loved getting to hold him and chat with my sis while our hubby's talked and the kids played.

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. I've never been successful at cooking beans either. Let me know if you learn any tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to great at cooking beans either. I have started soaking them even if a recipe says not too then checking them through out the cooking process. It helps a bit. Slow cooking them to have them ready helps a lot too, toss 'em in the freezer and you'll always have them on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing that's really important with beans is to make sure they're fresh. Stale beans never get soft enough, and grocery stores sell them so slowly that it's hard to make sure you're getting fresh ones. (At least don't buy dusty bags :) And if you've had them longer than 3 months, throw them out and buy new ones.

    And maybe try lentils too - similarly nutritious and budget-friendly but much easier and faster to cook (30 mins).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that someone commented about this already, but I've enjoyed cooking with lentils too!

    Your kids are just soo cute and that updo is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little behind on your posts. What a fun update on the gang. I love that Lily loves to talk on the phone... and that play text looks SO much fun. All the kiddos look great and seem so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!