Image Map

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Catch Up.

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted. Last week was a pretty rough week. Levi woke up Monday morning with a runny nose and as the day progressed, Lily and Asher started showing signs of getting sick too. UGH! Three sick babes is rough...actually one or two sick babes is rough. I've decided that we are going to stay at home all winter. LOL, just kidding! But...I certainly do wish that parent's would use common sense and keep their sick (green-snot runny nosed, coughing) children at home. Seriously.

End of rant. Moving on.
Poor Asher got it the worst. He still has a cough, but is fine otherwise. He spent most of his nap times propped up on pillows or in his carseat to help him be able to breathe. Yes, he insists that something be covering his face when he sleeps. It's beyond me.

Thankfully my happy boy is back. I just love this sweet man!

Labor Day weekend was the annual War Between the States re-enactment that my family has participated in for years. My kids and I haven't dressed up in several years, but I'm hoping we can next year. I took the kids out to the park where the re-enactment is held around lunchtime on Saturday. We had a picnic and stayed to watch the battle.

I absolutely love my Joovy stroller! It's been the best investment for us! I'm confident that wouldn't be able to go and do as much as we do without it. 
Yes, I purposely co-ordinate the kids clothes. :) I think it's cute, but it also makes it easier to keep up with them!
Sweet baby man fell asleep during the battle.

Levi hanging with Papaw during the battle.

Look at those red cheeks! It was so HOT and humid. 

These two girls are such a blessing to me! Even though Lily is so much younger than them, they still love to play with her. They put their money together and bought Lily a rag doll (which she totally loves!). I'm thankful that Lily has these two girls to look up to and learn from!

We had to run out to my parent's on Saturday evening. The kids enjoyed reading with Yaya.

Lily and Ridley "helping" make cookies. 

Levi and a great "big boy" friend.

Picnic on Sunday after the old-timey church service.

On Sunday afternoon I noticed how quiet Levi was so I went to check on him and this is what I found. That boy loves his books!

My parent's celebrated their 33rd anniversary over the weekend. We went in together and got them a gift card for a night away.

We "celebrated" Labor Day with Jacob's family at lunchtime and my family at supper. It was fun to spend extra time together as a family!

3 comments:

  1. Three sick kids?! Yikes. I totally agree that parents should keep their sick ones home!

    I'm so glad you have found a stroller that you love and works for you! Of all the baby gear, I feel like having a good stroller is key to getting out and about with little ones.

    How great that Lily has such sweet girls to grow up with! I love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I can't imagine having three sick kids. I'm glad that they are feeling better. And I love all the photos! I have been thinking about getting a different stroller, but I don't know what I should look into. Benjamin's kind of at the age where he can walk along, but still his legs tire out easily like if we're on a walk or something. So many things to think about when you're expecting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like such a GREAT day!! :) and I love their matching outfits. too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!