Image Map

Monday, January 6, 2014

Starting the year out with a bang.

Last week we had a virus in the house. Tuesday through Thursday it made it's way to each person except our precious baby Ava. Praise God she was spared! I believe it was by all the prayers offered on her behalf, the gift of donated breastmilk from a dear friend, and the regular application of Thieves essential oil (that stuff is amazing!).
Thankfully it was not a stomach virus. It was more like fever, chills, aches and coughs. We are still getting over the cough, but are definitely nearly well! It is not fun to have three sick little ones (plus a baby) and mama and daddy sick too. Everyone mostly wanted to rest, and surprisingly the children were in such sweet moods. ha.
Levi had the lightest case, but he was so sweet to be quiet and read while the others rested.

Miss Ava was a happy little girl through it all. She is a ray of sunshine!

This was about all the smile sweet Lily could muster on her 4th birthday! Bless her heart! It stinks to be sick on your birthday. We had to cancel Lily and Levi's birthday party as well as miss my family's traditional New Years Day dinner. 

I've been feeling so behind and blah. I'm praying that this week will be the week of accomplishment and renewed vision for me. We still have junk from Christmas scattered around, but thankfully we did get the decorations down the day after Christmas, so I don't have to deal with that now.

Jacob was in the middle of putting a new tub surround in our main bathroom when he got sick, so that project was put on hold until today. I think he should be able to finish the painting tomorrow. Then hopefully he can finish up a few odds and ends in the sunroom before he starts back teaching next week. With a crazy schedule like his, we can really only work on house projects during summer break and Christmas break. I'm so excited about getting the bathroom done! It's a project that's needed to be done since we bought the house 5 years ago!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry you all got sick! We were in PA for family Christmas from the 1st-5th and on the way home I got sick 3 times! Worst car ride of my life. We are hoping and praying it was just food poisoning for me though and not a stomach bug since Chris and the kids haven't gotten sick yet. It's a stinky way to start the new year though, isn't it?! Glad you guys are on the upswing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sickness=no fun! Last year was the year that I felt we got every virus known to man. So far this year we have escaped them all (of course now that I say that we will probably all become dreadfully ill :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that Ava stayed healthy. Praying for a better week for everybody this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is beautiful...how blessed you are! I was just thinking back to when my fourth was born. My oldest was not yet 3 1/2. That has been the most difficult period of motherhood for me so far as far as logistics go. Be encouraged! My oldest is now nearly 10 and my 9th baby is due in August. It gets easier!! It is amazing how much the older children can do! Congrats on your new daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that Ava stayed healthy! You kiddos are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! We had a sickness make the rounds in our house the days leading up to Christmas - I know all too well how difficult it is! I am glad that your little Ava was spared!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!