Image Map

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Best weekend. (and how I kick the "mama funk")

This post was started about a month ago...forgive my delinquent posting.

Last weekend was just the best weekend we've had in a long time. Well, honestly, the last few weeks have been the best we've had in months. I have a little secret that has changed my life...it's called Frankincense. Yes, an essential oil. I started using is about three weeks ago on my face because it is so good for skin. I had no idea that it would help kick the "mama funk" (or whatever it was) out the window! 

For months I had been feeling so blah about everything and I wasn't getting out of the house with all the kids by myself, like at all. I just felt like I couldn't handle it. So after I started this routine of applying Frankincense on my face every morning, I started noticing that our days were going much more smoothly. Why? you might ask - because I was in so much better spirits, because I was feeling better emotionally. We've been getting out of the house a ton, and I have renewed vigor for being a mama. I am so, so thankful! I know it probably sounds crazy, but don't knock it til you've tried it! :)
A family walk.


Sweet Ava.

These babies are my sunshine.

We have lots of climbers in the family.

I've even managed grocery shopping with all 4 several times in the last month. You mama's with littles know that's quite an undertaking. :)

6 comments:

  1. How did you apply it? Just a few drops on your face? Are all essential oils safe during pregnancy? I am newly pregnant! Thank you! Love reading your blog. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katherine! What I do is put a drop or two in my hand, rub my hands together and then rub it on my face and cup my hands over my nose/mouth and inhale several deep breaths. I only recommend using Young Living oils (not just oils from the health food store) because they are medicinal grade and do not have any synthetic additives which are harmful to the body. I used oils throughout my last pregnancy with great success. Email me at oilyfamilymama@gmail.com and we can chat more about what I used during pregnancy. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for you that you found something to help your heart and revive your joy. I'm very intrigued by the oils... did it make your face break out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love frankincense oil for calm/energy/emotional stamina. I tried just using valor but it wasn't enough. Glad to hear you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wash my face morning and night with coconut oil and three drops of Frankincense. I scrub for 30 seconds (organic extra virgin coconut oil and Young Living Frankincense) then I put a warm (nearly hot) cloth over my face until it cools then gently wipe away the impurities that come to the surface. My skin is much happier and my wallet rejoices as I was a skincare junkie spending $400 every three months on Celex-C. I have fair and freckled skin that tends to break out and this gentle regimen is great for it. Just for what it is worth:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Young Living the best?! I also use Frankincense on my face and have seen a huge difference in my complexion. Im 29 and my skin looks like I'm 18 again :) Did you know it is also good for cancer, strengthen your immune system, depression, and more? There are so many things Young Living products can do! They are the best and only ones in the world that are truely pure and it is amazing the time, research, and dedication Gary Young gives to make these products! I feel so blessed to have them in my life, for my family, as well as sharing their wonders with others!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!