Image Map

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Levi's Appointment

I just want to say a quick welcome to all my new friends from the Ultimate Blog Party 2011! I'm so glad to have you here, and although I haven't had much time to party, I will visit your blogs soon. :o)


Thank you all so much for your prayers for Levi's appointment at Children's last week! We really liked the doctor's and we feel like they are the best ones to be taking care of Levi. There is a whole team of Cleft Lip/Palate doctors, so we saw an Audiologist, ENT, Genetic Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, and Feeding Specialist. It was rather crazy to say the least!


Levi did really good with all the poking and examining, but after about the third person looked in his ears, he covered them with his little hands like he was wanting to say..."Step away from my ears!" It was so funny!


My mom was able to go with us and it was nice to have an extra set of ears to help get all the information we were being given. We go for a CT scan and pre-op at the end of this month and the surgery is in the middle of May. 

Since a midline cleft is rare and sometimes caused by underlying issues, they decided to do the CT to check his head for any other abnormalities. From all outward observations he appears to be a normal, healthy little boy except for his split upper lip.


They found fluid in his ears, so they want to put tubes in when they are doing the lip surgery. He's never had any infections or any trouble, so we don't really feel like the tubes are necessary. I've had alot of friends whose babies got tubes and they still got tons of ear infections so...we're still deciding what we're going to do. 

Thank you again for your prayers! We appreciate them more than you know!

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad the appointment went well! It sounds like you have a great team who wants the very best for Levi :) As far as his ears, Susannah has had fluid in her ears at the past couple appointments, too... The Dr's haven't mentioned tubes yet (only 2 ear infections and she's almost 13mo.) but some friends are. Some people do it, some people don't. I know some people who don't go the chiropractic route and have great success. That is probably what I would try first if Susannah has lots of EI's, but that's just me. I will be praying for you and your husband as you make all of these decisions for your little man! (I love the picture of him covering his ears - so cute!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys!! Prayers for peace and wisdom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy everything sounds so positive and that he's healthy!! :)

    I'll keep Levi and all of y'all in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Oops, my comment is supposed to read "some people who don't *and* go the chiropractor route..." My fingers must've been sleepy ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear you have dates set for surgery and that Levi is doing so well. Prayers will be continually lifted for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will keep you in prayer as you make decisions for Levi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your mom could go with you to Levi's appointment. I know those times are kinda stressful...and it always helps to have someone there for support.

    Glad it will happen before too long while he is still so little and he won't be fearful about surgery. It will be nice to have it behind you.

    Hope the CT scan goes well too.

    That picture of him covering his ears is so cute...what a smart little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    I found your blog via the Ultimate Blog Party, and I just love it!
    Your children are absolutely beautiful, and it's so awesome that they're almost exactly a year apart!
    I'm excited to read about all your adventures, and hope you'll come visit my little blog to read about mine!

    Becky
    justamormonmomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just thought I'd give you something to ponder. Since Levi will already be under anesthesia and ear tube placement won't really prolong that very much it might be worth letting them go ahead and do them. If he were to need them later you would have to subject him to anesthesia again for the procedure. Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a precious family. Visiting from UBP.
    Love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to hear that Levi's appt. went well. I'm with you on the tubes. If it's not broke... :) But, of course God will lead you.

    Aren't momma's wonderful? My mom has been such a great support through the years.

    Love,
    Lynnette

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!