Image Map

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Christmas crafts.

We had lots of fun doing crafty stuff before Christmas. We made snowflakes. I thought the kids would be able to make little cuts with their scissors, but they didn't really "get it," so I made the snowflakes and they unfolded them. Lily and Levi just loved seeing how each flake was different.



One day we made cotton ball snowmen. It was so fun for the kids to glue on the cotton balls and then "decorate" them with scraps of felt.
(getting a picture of the finished product and everyone looking at the camera was pretty much impossible. everyone is just doing their own thing. ha!)

We made wreaths out of paper plates. My kids love doing anything with glue, so they were all about glueing decorations onto their wreaths. We hung them on their bedroom and the bathroom doors.

So I have a question for you mamas with littles. Do you keep all the crafty projects your children do or do you throw them away? I hate junk/clutter, but I love the little projects so I have myself a dilemma. Would love to hear what you do!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, What my parents did was have a 'baby box' for each of us. It's a Rubbermaid container and it has some special things like crafts and a couple of favorite items from when we were toddlers. When we got older and moved out or got married my mom gave us each our 'baby box.' It's special. There's lots of memories attached to a lot of the items in the box, and some I don't remember, but I enjoy hearing the stories connected with each item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep my favorites (especially seasonal ones) and hang them up each year. I laminate the best ones and put them in a special box for them to take when they're older. My oldest is in preschool so I take pictures of all the projects she's brought home each year and make a photobook on Shutterfly for each school year. That way she can "see" them but they're not all in my house all the time! I just keep a box in my closet and as I bring them home, in they go (some get hung up or the laminated treatment, those that I've kept are also included in the book).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you - I want to keep the masterpieces but hate clutter! Our daughter Amelia was given an art portfolio for her birthday and I have been keeping the "best" pieces in there for her. I write the date/month/season and year on the back and stuff them in. Sometimes it is hard to decide what to keep and what to let go but I do a pretty good job at choosing I think!
    Here is the web address to what we have - maybe it will spark some inspiration for you on how to create a storage plan for your children's masterpieces!

    http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/product/productDet.jsp?productItemID=1689949371928391&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=PLA&CAWELAID=520011010000001488&catargetid=520011010000004750&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CLrv-Kuc_7sCFYlDMgod8hIA9w

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take pictures and throw them away. I keep my favorites or the ones that are sentimental but I hate clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids don't craft often enough to have too much, so I keep a lot of it. I will need to get rid of it once there's more, but I don't feel bad about that because I take photos first to show them later.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!