Image Map

Friday, March 12, 2010

Sour Milk Explosion

Since I can't drink cow's milk and Jacob only uses it for chocolate milk or on cereal we normally waste a lot of milk. {Fail #1} Once the milk starts smelling bad to Jacob {I refuse to smell milk} he has this habit of setting the milk jug on the dryer by the back door so he can take it out with the garbage.

Photobucket

Most weeks the milk sits on the dryer for a few days {before Jacob has time to take out the garbage} and the jug starts to swell and the milk starts looking like this.

Photobucket

...and this. Disgusting I know.

Well, let me tell you what's even more disgusting. A few weeks ago I was cleaning up the kitchen and waiting for some clothes to finish drying, when I started hearing these popping noises. I thought something was wrong with the dryer so I ran over, only to realize that the milk jug was bursting and sour milk was spraying out all over the place. I screamed for Jacob and he came running and took the jug out to the trash as fast as he could. My dear hubby had the privilege of cleaning up the mess...boy did it smell awful! That's what you call a major milk jug FAIL!

{I can't believe I just admitted that such atrocious incidents go on at my house, or that I actually took pictures of it! Ha.}

Photobucket

Hope ya'll have a fab weekend! Maybe we'll have some more spring-like weather to enjoy! Oh, and check out My Blessed Life for more Friday Fails confessions!

16 comments:

  1. I can't say the milksplosion has happened at my house before but I will keep that in mind next time Hubby decides to wait a while before taking the milk out!! Ours got like that not too long ago! Yuck!

    Lily is precious!!! I LOVE her little chin. It is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, my dear! I'm so sorry for that nasty mess.... gross.

    the picture of Lily at the end made it all better for me, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's is completely disgusting!! I'm glad Jacob cleaned it up for you!! (Why don't you get him to pour the milk out in the sink and just sit the empty jug out...that way he avoids disaster again!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that stinks...literally. It's funny though. And I have to say..Lily has the prettiest eyes. They are so big and bright. God has truly blessed you with a beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's hilarious!! I can't have cow milk either - so we waste quite a bit in our home too ... though we've never quite had that experience!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has happened here too. We didn't consume a lot of milk before Clayton was allowed to drink whole milk. More than once we've cleaned up the smelly mess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's gross! That's never happened to me but I did drop a quart of spoiled yogurt on the floor the other day, and ended up wearing it. Ugh. Maybe you should buy milk in smaller containers, so he'll drink what you have? Good thing your husband was home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, eww! Sour milk smells soooo bad. I've had similar experiences, but since I discovered I'm allergic to milk, we don't buy it much anymore :)

    http://crispy-not-crunchy.blogspot.com/2010/03/grill-friday-fail.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I surely hope that doesn't happen with the goat milk! :) Love ya! And precious Lily Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! While our milk has never exploded because my husband loves it so much the carton's always empty before the milk expires, I have found sippy cups hidden with old milk...so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I bet the smell was horrible ewwww.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even worse is milksplosion in your car. Try getting THAT smell out! You know, he can always freeze the milk before it goes bad. Then you won't waste so much nor have a science experiment going on. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kelly!

    Well you just have the sweetest family! Mandy and Myra are wonderful!

    Were you at Blissdom, too?

    I just love your fail story because it sounds exactly like something I would do! In fact, there is a big dried milk stain in the carpet upstairs that I don't know how to clean, so I haven't! Ewwww!

    Yikes! I may have shared to much. Hehe!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so funny!! Probably wasn't funny at the time though, huh?!

    Did you know you can freeze milk? Maybe if you buy the smaller containers it would work better? We drink milk all the time, so it's never an issue in our house. I really need to drink skim though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ewwwww! Major Gross!

    Thanks for sharing your Fail at Friday Fails!

    Love you sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man that's so gross! Sour milk is an awful smell!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!