Thank you all for your excitement and well wishes about our new addition! Ya'll are so encouraging!
There were quite a few questions asked, so I thought I would just give you all the pregnancy details in this post instead of emailing everyone.
- I am 13 weeks today, and the baby is due December 24th. Lily was due December 28th of last year, but wasn't born until 01.01.10. We will, Lord willing, have two babies in 2010. They'll be Irish twins! ha!
- Thankfully I had lost all the baby weight I gained with Lily {although I was not pre-pregnancy shape} so I'm not too concerned about having tons of extra weight to lose after this baby is born. Click here to see my 13 week picture with Lily.
- I'm feeling very well. I just get tired in the afternoons and sometimes I feel a little queasy.
- This baby was definitely not planned {by us anyway}! We do believe that God had this little one planned from before the foundation of the world, and we know that He works everything together for our good and His glory! Getting a positive pregnancy test was quite a shock to say the least!
- We truly believe this new little life is a miracle! Read this post to find out why.
- We have gotten lots of varying comments and reactions from family and friends. For the most part everyone has been very excited for us. We have gotten a few negative comments that have been hard to deal with.
- We had our first visit with our wonderful midwife 2 weeks ago and got to hear the baby's heartbeat. That was amazing!
- I must explain about Lily's "Big Sister" shirt. A friend of mine is making a really cute outfit for Lily, but she's been really busy lately and wasn't able to get it done for us to "announce" with it. So, we just typed out "I'm A Big Sister" and taped it on the front of Lily's onesie then Jacob photoshopped the paper line out. You can see in the pictures above that we tried a couple different fonts. In a few weeks I'll post pictures of the real thing! ha.
- This is totally off the subject, but I got a comment on this post and I wanted to clarify what a "Boston Butt" is in case you thought we are Barbarians living in Alabama! Ha! Boston Butt is a cut of pork that is really good for making bbq pulled pork. FYI: it is from the shoulder of the animal, not the rear! LOL
Hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend!


Hooray, this is such amazing news! I missed yesterday's post so I will just congratulate you here. It seems like there will always be snitty people, but I hope they will learn to bite their tongues.
ReplyDeleteYour babies will have a great time playing together, it will be such a delight for you and your husband to watch.
:)
Congratulations! It's amazing how God works! My first 2 were 14 months apart, like you not planned by us, but definitely planned by God. People and their negative comments don't matter, it's in God's hands and He knows best! :) My boys are great friends and I'm sure your 2 will be as well! God bless your growing little family!
ReplyDeleteWell, I missed the announcement yesterday - but congratulations girl! How fun and exciting. I cannot wait to see more photos of you with fruit and veggies - loved it. I'm happy for you and what a blessing to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteI got pregnant with my second when my first was 3 months old. We were shocked, but I wouldn't change it for anything. She was born 2 weeks before my oldest turned one, so we have Irish twins. It is so fun. They are best friends, and they are never bored. They do tend to be twice as mischievious as any other kids their age it seems!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you!! You are just adorable, and Lily is going to be the cutest big sister!!! =)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! :) I am very happy for you! Lily is already looking like an excited big sister! Cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteI already said congrats on twitter, but wanted to comment again anyway! So excited for you and happy that things are going good so far. My first two are 20 months apart and the 2nd was a big surprise as well, but I wouldn't trade it now for anything! And now the Lord surprised us with another....5 years later! :-)
ReplyDeleteI also noticed that you're using a midwife and wanted to find out who? I did a natural birth(in TN)with my last and am still trying to decide what's best with this one. It's neat to meet someone who lives close and has stuff in common!
Hope to chat with or get together with you soon maybe.
Tyra (@nonsensical2 on twitter)
my husband and his sister are 1 year, 2 weeks and 2 days apart -- and it's certainly a blessing from God. We're excited for you and praising God for your miracle :)
ReplyDeleteHusband and his brother are 15 months and 12 days apart. Everyone thought his mom was crazy but it worked out very well for their family as husband and his brother were always very, very close. They truly got to grow up with a best friend.
ReplyDeletep.s. Don't let others comments steal your joy! This is a new life and blessing from God. It should be a happy and celebratory time!
ReplyDeleteyou look beautiful! Glad to hear that you're feeling well - that's wonderful! I'll be praying for you and I hope you don't get anymore negative comments... I'm so sorry you have! Children are a blessing - and some people just don't get that.
ReplyDeleteSo my due date is Dec. 30 =) We're close! Except I'm pretty much expecting mine to arrive in 2011 since I'm such a slow-cooker ;-) I am thrilled for you! Glad you are feeling pretty well.
ReplyDeleteYour testimony of God's sovereignty is already beautiful! I can't wait to meet this little one. Do you guys want to find out the gender? (I kinda want to do a surprise this time around, but Mark would rather know =)
Oh, and you look AMAZING!!!
ReplyDeleteI totally didn't realize that was a piece of paper taped to her shirt when I saw the picture the other day! She looks so excited to be a big sister even though she has no clue:-) I hope that this pregnancy goes smoothly for you-no sickness or swelling. I thank God for your little living proof x2 of miracles!! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteCOngratulations! Having two babies in 2010 would certainly be a miracle ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are right -- this baby is a miracle planned by God since before the foundations of the world! Don't let those negative comments get you down! So exciting!
ReplyDeleteThe Boston Butt comment is hilarious. Southerners know exactly what a boston butt is and exactly how to grill/smoke it.
ReplyDeleteGod's timing is certainly amazing. Praying for you guys. Congrats again!
I am so excited for you, Kelly!
ReplyDeleteWhat a crazy, awesome year for y'all!
Please keep us posted.
- Brooke
No way! What a wonderful surprise!!!! So happy for you.
ReplyDeleteThis is a new life and blessing from God
ReplyDeleteBanner Advertising Network India
The negative comments was on of the hardest things about having babies close together, but you are right that God had this little one planned since before the foundation of the Earth. I loved reading your testimony, it was an awesome testament to how good God is! Congratulations again!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Sorry to hear people have negative comments for you. A new baby is always a blessing!
ReplyDeleteThe Boston Butt explanation made me giggle! I am a northerner and I am lucky enough to know how delicious "butt" can be! Pork shoulder is one of my favorite summer meals :)
Congratulations!! :) I was a new years baby too, it's fabulous! you never have to go to school on your birthday :)
ReplyDeleteBabies are a blessing! CONGRATULATIONS!!
ReplyDeleteI have 4 angels that I love so very dearly!
The Boston Butt explanation was way funny. The first time I went to the store to make BBQ pulled pork nobody in the store knew what it was. We were all looking in the Beef section. LOL
~blessings
Dorcas
That's right... don't let the negative comments get you down. I disliked the ones who said, "Can you handle another?" when I was preggers with my second (and third!). I just told them that, "Well, I hope so, since the baby is coming whether anyone thinks I can handle another or not!"
ReplyDeleteYou do look fab! Hope you continue to feel well :)
xoxo
Amy
lol you made me laugh about the Boston Butt again. :)
ReplyDeleteAgain, so happy for you!! Don't worry about those negative comments from people. If people can't be happy for you then there's something wrong with them. I love that you might have Irish twins!!
I'm sorry to hear you've gotten some negative comments, I think its positively exciting! : )
ReplyDelete