Image Map

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

1 month.

I cannot believe my little Asher-man is 1 month old! What a month this has been, so full of joy and adjustments.
  • Asher weighs about 8 1/2 lbs.
  • He wears newborn clothes and size 1 diapers (they are huge, but we ran out of newborns and just used what we had on hand).
  • Our breastfeeding experience was the best out of all three kids. I did everything under the sun to boost my milk supply, from lactation cookies to taking a milk boosting tincture, to eating lots of calories, to drinking a ton of mother's milk tea and water, to taking a bunch of different supplements, but after a few weeks, my supply just disappeared practically overnight. I never really had enough milk for him in the first place, but I would nurse him as much as he would and then offer goat milk for supplement. I'm thankful for short but sweet experience! On of my midwives is giving us frozen breastmilk so at least Asher is getting a little bit of "liquid gold" each day!
  • He is a hefty eater! He takes 5oz of homemade goat milk formula every three hours.
  • He's a good sleeper - up once during the night to eat, but then goes right back to sleep.
  • He has a fussy time around 5pm every night.
  • Asher likes to be outside just looking around.
Good morning, sunshine! 
Yep, that's a pink blanket...all the others needed to be washed, so we borrowed Lily's. Ha!

Love this sweetie!

8 comments:

  1. He is SO ADORABLE! Also, the pictures from yesterday of your Easter celebrations are precious! I love the boys' bow ties. They all looked too cute!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! Glad to hear everything is going well :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome baby!!! I can't believe it's already been a month... How did that happen?! I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! What a handsome little man!! You look wonderful, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you weren't able to BF longer but I'm glad you got those few wks w/ him! That's awesome the MW is giving you frozen! He's doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!