Image Map

Monday, February 8, 2010

I {Heart} Concerts!

Since Lily was sick last week we stayed home everyday except to go to the doctor on Wednesday. We've been especially cautious about going out since the doctor said that because Lily has a low immune system, she is more susceptible to RSV. I will say though, that I feel better taking Lily to the grocery store than I do taking her to church. Everytime I've taken Lily to the store, no one has gotten close, touched her, or even paid much attention to her. At church, everyone feels like family {which is wonderful except with a newborn} so they want to hold her and touch her and get in her face even though they might be sick or could be carrying something that Lily could catch. It makes for a hard situation for me as Lily's mommy!

Anyhow...off my soapbox and on to other things.

I was super excited to get out on Saturday night to go to a classical symphony concert. Jacob was playing so that made it even more fun to go to! I wore Lily in my wonderful sling and she slept nearly the whole time. Precious girl!

Photobucket
The orchestra played pieces by Mendelssohn and Tchaikovsky as well as a premiere piece. I loved all of them, but my absolute favorite was the Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto! The pianist was a really short guy, but man, was he able to get a whole lot out of that grand piano!! He did it all from memory too. It was incredible! Jacob came out to see us {my mom and a guy from church came to the concert with us} during intermission. It was such a fun evening!
Photobucket
Lily is doing much better although she still has some lingering congestion. I'm so glad her cold hasn't developed into anything worse! God is so good!
carseat

I'm sure you've noticed the watermark on my pictures. One of my good blogging friends had some of her pictures stolen recently, so I've decided to watermark all the pictures I put up from now on. I think it's best to err on the side of caution.

Ya'll have a great evening!

12 comments:

  1. Good idea with the watermarks! I have heard of people getting photos stolen before and it's a scary thought! I might join you in watermarking my photos. You are right, it is better to be cautious than sorry :)

    Glad to hear Lily is improving and not getting worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily is such a little sweetie. I love her hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for orchestra concerts!! I played the violin for a long time, but have not picked it up in a long time! Lily looked so snuggly in her sling! Hope she feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm watermarking starting...NOW! That is too scary about your blogging friend. I would be devestated if I thought someone had stolen my daughter's pictures! Thanks for this reminder that we have to be so careful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's see how many times I can comment on one post! :) What program did you use to watermark your photos?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I worried about Katie when she was a newborn, too, with people at church. I didn't go to church until she was 6 weeks old (!) and I kept hand sanitizer with me ALL the time for the first several months! No one could take her unless they used it. ;) Now that she's almost a year old, I'm a *little* less paranoid, but still am pretty careful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the orchestra... I played viola for years. I'm sure you guys had a wonderful time!

    Do you post your photos through Picasa? They have an automatic watermark feature so you don't have to add it manually to each photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is absolutely adorable. So glad she's feeling better and ya'll were able to get out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started watermarking my photos awhile ago when I heard about someone having their picture stolen from their blog and displayed on a billboard overseas! Creepy!

    Love the pictures of Lily -- she is so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. maybe try wearing your sling to church too, I wear mine to the grocery store. then people dont really bother!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family is so beautiful! Usually the sling kept people from getting up in Ben's face when he was that young. I am really glad you're watermarking too. The whole picture ordeal was very frightening... I'm just glad it's over now!!

    I {heart} this update! Your darling girl is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still debating on the watermarking but it's likely that I'll start doing it. If I remember!!! That always annoys me when people are so in your face when you have a newborn. I just want to tell them to get away!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!