Image Map

Monday, April 5, 2010

Mommy {and Daddy} Brain.

  • A couple weeks ago, I was not on the verge of panic in Walmart's parking lot when I couldn't find my car where I *knew* I'd parked it. As I was franticly looking around I did not suddenly remember that I had driven Jacob's car to do my errands! What a dummy! I never suffer from mommy brain! Nope, not me!
  • Jacob was busy warming up some lunch in the microwave one day and when the microwave went off, he did not open the door to realize that he hadn't even put his food inside! Nope, my hubby would never get so sidetracked that he would turn the microwave on and leave his lunch sitting on the counter! Ha.
  • After visiting with my family one evening last week, I did not get within a mile of my home and realize that I'd forgotten Lily's bottle warmer and have to turn around and go back and get it. I definitely have it way more together than that!
  • One evening not too long ago we were headed to a city 45 minutes away for Jacob to play in a concert. We were not more than halfway into the trip when we suddenly realized that he had forgotten his violin {of all things!}!! Since we would definitely be super late if we went back home, Jacob did not have to call one of his musician friend's and sheepishly ask if he could borrow her violin for the concert! No, that would never happen to my husband!
Visit MckMama for more Not Me! Monday therapy!

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me laugh this morning! ;)

    Love ya! See you in a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just too cute! :) what fun memories your are making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny! I've done the car thing before - driven John's and searched the parking lot for mine!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah...what being parents does to our brains :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you both need more sleep...I haven't slept through the night in 28 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I've had these moments!

    In the tenth grade my marching band performed in Disney World and we drove the 24 hours straight on coach buses to get there. One of the students forgot her flute, that was the whole purpose of the trip was to play the instrument! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so funny! I LOVE "Not ME" Mondays... = )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! I love that Jacob forgot his violin!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!