Image Map

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Friday Fails

I have had so many fails over the last few weeks, it's not even funny! I have pictures of some, but a few you will just have to use your imagination for!

  • Whenever we had the last tornado scare, I ended up going to the shelter looking like this! 1 brown and 1 black! What a dork! PS- I realize I have very ugly feet. My sister has told me since we were little that they look like claws. FYI- I refused to wear flipflops until 2 years ago because of my poor self-image! ha! 
    • This cast iron skillet with leftover gravy remains did not sit on my stovetop for over two weeks before I finally decided to clean it. Um, yeah! That kind of thing never happens in my kitchen.
    • Speaking of kitchens, on Wednesday morning, my dear husband had the fabulous idea of making doughnuts in our new deep fryer. Well, unfortunately he placed the stack of papertowels we were going to use to drain the doughnuts on, on the stove right beside the kettle that was boiling water for our yummy french press coffee. The next thing we knew, our kitchen was filling with smoke and the stack of papertowels was blazing on our stove. Thankfully I managed to get them thrown in the sink, but not before ash had been blown all over the kitchen! Oh, and that same morning our "yummy" french press coffee was more like dirty dish water because said husband was so distracted with the doughnuts that he only measured 2 scoops instead of 4 scoops of coffee to grind. Needless to say, after all that, we were ready to go climb back in bed and start the day over again!

    • We have been enjoying lots of grilled pizza lately, but the last time we had a little difficulty. I didn't get the pizza dough stiff enough, so it stuck to the grill {partly because Jacob only greased the grill instead of also brushing oil on the crust} and parts of it fell through the grates. Jacob got so frustrated with it, he wadded up the dough and threw it out in the yard {that's why there are sprigs of grass in the picture. He went and got it so I could take a picture for this post. Ha!}. So I was going to make a second batch of dough so we could try it again, but of course, I was out of yeast. We ended up having "flatbread" pizza for lunch. It was ok, but I don't want to have it again!


    I was getting ready to give Lily a bath the other night and she kept giving me "sugar" so I took a picture. I know I look like a dork, but I'm ok with it.

    Ya'll head over to My Blessed Life to check out more Friday Fails {and to get some laughs!}

    Happy Friday!

    13 comments:

    1. I cackled reading this! I just love you so much and am blessed that YOU are my sister. :)

      xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    2. that last picture is SO cute!!!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thank you for being so real! :) And shame on your sister for picking on you! *shaking my head at her*

      And you don't look like a dork at all, in the last picture, you look like a mommy who is in love with her little girl! :)

      ReplyDelete
    4. I just recently started wearing open-toed shoes, too. All through high school everyone made fun of my "big" toe. Doesn't it feel good to be free!? :)

      www.theblessedmom.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. You crack me up!! =) Love it (btw, I have feet issues too!!)

      ReplyDelete
    6. you are too funny! love the last picture!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Your feet are fine, at least you all your toes! A lady I worked with was missing some and she still wore sandals! I love the pics to go along with the "fails" and that Jacob was part of almost everyone of them too!!

      ReplyDelete
    8. love the last picture! ha ha... she's so cute!!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. I love this post!!! Because I've done all of these things!!! Thanks for keepin' it real, Kelly!! : )

      ReplyDelete
    10. Why is it always fun reading about people's fails? lol These cracked me up! I'm sure we could all write a post about the fails that happen each week!!!

      ReplyDelete
    11. LOL! I'm not laughing at you girl, I'm laughing WITH you! Too funny!

      ReplyDelete
    12. You DON'T have ugly feet! I happen to like the feet God gave you! That's my opinion anyway! Loved reading about your life and "fails." Love you!

      ReplyDelete

    I love reading your comments!!!