Image Map

Friday, August 27, 2010

Ugh! Many Fails!


Here is my bullet list of recent fails...
  • We currently only have one key to our house because our neighbors still have the key they used when we were gone to Canada (yes, that trip was a month ago!). I keep the key since I'm usually in and out doing errands and stuff during the day. I just always make sure I'm at home to let Jacob in. 
    • Tuesday afternoon I was getting ready (in the complete opposite end of the house from the door) and Lily was happily playing fussing in the pack n play. I thought Jacob said he would be home at 3:30...but no, he'd said 3:00! He stood outside beating on the door and turning the house alarm on and off (we have remote controls) for like 5 minutes before he called me to come let him in. To make it worse, he had students arrive at 3:00 too, so they were standing out there waiting to get in too. Major fail!
    • Also on Tuesday afternoon...Lily was such a grouch around 4:30ish. I thought she needed a little nap, but she just screamed when I put her down. She wouldn't play with her toys or anything. I was busy trying to get an early supper ready before we headed out the door. At 4:45 I opened the refrigerator to get something out and I saw her bottle sitting there. 
      • Suddenly it hit me like a ton of bricks that my poor little girl was supposed to have her bottle around 3:30!! I started bawling (pregnancy hormone overload!) and felt like the worst.mother.ever!!! If my poor child makes it to adulthood, it will be a miracle!
      • During my pregnancy with Lily we faithfully took weekly belly bump pictures along with the fruit/veggie that her weight/size compared to each week. 
        With pregnancy #2 on the other hand - we have only remembered to get 4 pictures so far and I had to get on my blog and count up from my last pregnancy update how many weeks along I am! Sad, very, very sad! I seriously think I have lost my mind!
      Be sure to check out My Blessed Life for more Friday Fail confessions! Ya'll have a great weekend!

      I'm 23 weeks by the way!

      10 comments:

      1. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself for forgetting the bottle!! There have been numerous times where I forgot something ... like yesterday when I knew my little one had a bowel movement while I was feeding her and then forgot to change her until an hour later. Oops! I'm sure our mothers forgot things too and we all survived and turned out okay! I was wondering what your plans are for your new little one. I know you had struggles with breastfeeding so I didn't know if you were going to try again. I ask because I have a friend with children 10 months apart. She had issues BFing the first but was able to successfully with the 2nd and then was able to also start BFing her first and giving her pumped milk. Don't mean to get to personal or give unsolicited advice, I just thought it was a really cool thing she did and never would have thought of it!

        ReplyDelete
      2. I know we have all made mistakes like that! I haven't done Friday Fails in a while because frankly, I don't have enough time to list them all!! haha!!

        ReplyDelete
      3. awww- you look beautiful! I think that's funny about leaving your hubby outside! haha poor guy! :)

        ReplyDelete
      4. Yep. Totally did the whole "forget to feed my child" thing when my Lily was about your Lily's age -- and I, too, was like "What is your deal, I don't understand why you're crying?" I felt horrible but she's still alive :)

        You look adorable! :)

        ReplyDelete
      5. Oh, such a cute little baby bump! Don't forget to take it easy!

        ReplyDelete
      6. So cute with the baby bump! Umm I totally was going to take pics with fruit/veggies, like you, but I seem to forget to check what size I am each week, therefore never get anything at the store! Lily and your little boy will survive, you are toughening them up, right, ha!

        ReplyDelete
      7. You look great. I always forget something like diapers, or a change of clothes. We all do it.

        ReplyDelete
      8. You and the baby bump are too cute!

        Don't worry too much about the "fails" we all forget things and make mistakes.

        But do get that key back...or make a new one for hubby so you can relax about it. (:>)

        ReplyDelete
      9. oh! you are totally normal!!! sometimes mommy moments are crazy like that and we have ALLLLLL been there a time or TWO! you are doing a great job and your babies will grow to be happy and healthy! :)

        ReplyDelete
      10. You can blame on your fails on pregnancy!! lol

        ReplyDelete

      I love reading your comments!!!