Image Map

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lily's Dedication

Photobucket
On Sunday Jacob and I publicly dedicated our precious daughter to the Lord.

Photobucket
We sang Take My Life And Let It Be. I love that song, especially these two verses:
Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

  1. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
    At Thy feet its treasure store;
    Take myself and I will be
    Ever, only, all for Thee.

Photobucket
My Dad did the dedication, and we had the rest of our parents stand up with us and our grandparents sat on the front pew. It is very important to us to have the support and prayers of our family as we seek to bring Lily up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jacob's grandfather prayed the sweetest prayer for us and Lily. He mentioned how we like Hannah prayed for a child and how we were now dedicating her to the Lord as Hannah did with Samuel.

Photobucket
I know this picture is kinda blurry, but it was a precious moment that I couldn't leave out!

Photobucket
After the service we went outside and Jacob's brother took these pictures for us.

Photobucket
I know this is not the best of me since my hair is all in my face, but I thought it's sweet.

Photobucket
I love this one! There is nothing like sweet baby toes!

Photobucket
My sweet Mom smocked this beautiful dress for Lily to wear! It is absolutely gorgeous!

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way {she} should go: and when {she} is old, {she} will not depart from it.

17 comments:

  1. How sweet. I know the dedication meant as much to your whole family as it did for you and Jacob. It was great to see your grandfather participate. Those photos will mean so much to Lily when she is older. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures that you will cherish for years to come! How special for your dad to do the dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just two nights ago...I was reading the verse in Samuel about Hannah's dedication. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful!! What precious memories you will have from this time. Dedications are so powerful!

    We're just getting ready to dedicate our youngest in about three weeks and I'm really excited. We always make it into a huge party!

    Love your hat by the way. I love wearing them, but there just doesn't seem to be too much oppurtunity. Guess I'll just have to start making those oppurtunities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool that your dad did the dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I love the last four!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special day that must have been for you and your family! These photos are beautiful. I love the emotion on your face in a few of them. :) So priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lily's dress! We had dedications for both Kyndra and Carleigh. Even though Carleigh was already gone when hers was performed it was still important for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious day for you! Those photos were beautiful for this day. My parents did Bella's dedication and it was so special. My mom wrote the most precious letter to her. You have made an awesome decision to dedicate your daughter. What a wonderful family she is a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that is absolutely precious. You three make a beautiful family. I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. we LOVE baby dedications!! and it looks like you had a wonderful, meaningful morning dedicating her to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful. A beautiful ceremony for such a sweetie.
    Your mom did a wonderful job on the dress, it's gorgeous!
    What a beautiful day you had for the dedication, too! I love it!
    God bless you both as you raise and enjoy Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet pics! I love them!

    And your hat is pretty much fantastic! I lurves it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a precious day! Praying for you and your family as your raise your daughter according to Prov.22:6.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clayton is our Samuel and I just realized that I've never blogged about why. I guess I should. The dedication pictures are great. My Dad and the pastor of the church where we were when Clayton was born did his dedication service and it was absolutely amazing. I'm thankful to raise our babies in the Lord's heritage.

    And your Mom is fantastic with that smocking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are all just precious! I loved seeing these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Melt. My. Heart.
    This was so perfect, and such a blessing.
    Dedicating your child to the Lord is so precious, and a reminder every day of His love for us.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!