We started Lily on some solid food this week. I just wanted to share the order of events the very first morning we tried rice cereal. It was also her very first time in the high chair - she looks so tiny!
"Hmm, this is new! I like new places to play."
"This is fun mom!"
"I wonder what that stuff in the bowl is?"
"Mom, what are you putting in my mouth??!!"
"Ugh, what is this nasty stuff??"
"Thanks Mom, but this stuff is disgusting! Puh-lease don't give me anymore of it anytime soon!"
Side note: I have since read that regardless of popular opinion, rice cereal is not the best solid to start babies on because it is low in protein and very high in carbs. I'm planning to give Lily sweet potatoes or avocado before anymore rice cereal.
Head over to Andrea's for more Caffeinated Randomness.
Happy Friday!!

those pictures are too funny!! Thanks for the tip about solids ... I'll remember that when Tucker gets home... no rice cereal to begin with! :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I think it was a full 6 weeks after starting on bananans, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, and avocados that my baby girl could tolerate any kind of cereal... and oats are easier for a lot of babies. I've always wondered why peds always tell you to start with cereal... Love the shots and the expressions- precious!
ReplyDeleteWe started Christian with the cereal, and then started adding some fruits and veggies. Regardless, she's going to look disgusted no matter what! haha She'll get the hang of it soon enough. She's so cute!
ReplyDeleteHeather
I love how they always look so tiny in their high chairs!! Doesn't last for long!! =( She is just SO adorable!
ReplyDeleteShe's absolutely precious.
ReplyDeleteShe is so precious! I always had so much fun watching my babies try new food...such priceless expressions they would come up with.
ReplyDeleteIt swallows her. She's so cute!!
ReplyDeleteWe started with avocados, it is always fun to watch their expressions :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so precious. What beautiful and expressive eyes! She really is perplexed...and tiny in that chair.
ReplyDeleteNice tip on food. I will file that.
Awwww! I love those first food faces - I remember when we gave my kids their first taste of food. They all looked totally disgusted!
ReplyDeleteShe's adorable. I know we started with all the grains. It was what they recommended 7 years ago for #1, changed it by the time #3 came along. When we fed #3 for the first time, he was angry there wasn't any more.
ReplyDeleteShe looks so tiny and adorable in the high chair. I loved the picture where she was just above eye level with the tray. Cutie!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThose are cute! Reminds me of Kyndra's first reaction to it. Kyndra loved to eat sweet potatoes and avocado!
ReplyDeleteThe high chair does look huge on her! Molly didn't like the rice but she loved the oatmeal, especially with fruit mixed in it!!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMy three babes never like rice cereal. They did like oatmeal with bananas mixed in though! Earth's Best makes a great oatmeal cinnamon, too.
Sweet potatoes are ALWAYS good!!! :)
Enjoy her - what a fun time!
Natalie at Mommy on Fire
http://www.mommyonfire.com
Oh my goodness... she is just adorable! She does look so tiny in the chair! :) Sweet potatoes sure sound a lot more appetizing than rice cereal to me. ;) I hope she likes them!!
ReplyDeleteI love those first food faces
ReplyDeleteBanner Advertising Network India